View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #30
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky11SS View Post
the headers ar too expensive, more expensive than the cam. i think i should rather save up money and go for the headers and then later on the cam. you all guys kno more than me so i guess ima listen to u all
Telling you right now, man, if you had an LS3, I would agree, but with an L99 and all the things that SHOULD go with it, after labor and tune it will cost more. 4-5k is not uncommon. Replacing the oil pump, possibly a torque converter, and completing a conversion (including lifters) to handle even a VVT cam I believe will run you 500-800 dollars.

Headers, exhaust, and CAI should not push you over 3k with labor/tune. I'd like to know who told you that package would cost you less, because I need to talk to them.. I don't think they are including the labor/tune.

Longtube Headers will NOT disappoint you, since you have already gone the tune route, go ahead and drop the AFM/DOD if you haven't already. The sound is awful with headers and I actually gained MPGs after the tune.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote