View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #271
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHER View Post
Was gonna wait for another year before getting MY car...not the family committee decision car...and it ultimately would need the performance and good looks of my 2006 Mustang GT convertible. Windveil Blue with tan top.

Then I saw a new dark blue colored Camaro on the Chevy dealer's lot 2 doors down from my usual Ford dealer. It was the color I wanted the Mustang in...but Ford has 2 crappy blues, both garish in their own ways. Then I considered the stylists' use of a cheese slicer on the rear tailight corners...
Additionally the SYNC system will NOT function with an iPhone in the USB port at ALL anymore , and then I discovered they limit the top speed electronically to 115 mph or so....

SOoooo.... I went back to the Chevy dealer again...
And seriously test drove a 2LT in this wonderful dark blue color....but with the dirty colored wheels.
THEN I discovered the tailights for the 2014 Camaro model year were borrowed from a Acura Integra and the smooshed headlight & grill area looked like a giant had stepped on the car and squished it down...

So the decision had to be NOW!

Swapped the silly, ugly, waste of money & weight 20" wheels for polished matching 19" all around and made sure I got the light tan interior...

Then added stripes...

I could only be happier with the car if:
1. the auto-radio dimmer, and auto dimming mirrors were manual,
2. and the Panasonic was a Pioneer,
3. and the A/C fan knob didn't block the oil pressure gauge.

FABULOUS REPLACEMENT FOR BLESSED BABY BLUE Mustang GT...Long live BLESSED BIG BLUE Camaro RS!

When I was about 14, I painted a slot car, '68 CAMARO RS...
DARK BLUE METALLIC...
It was my favorite little toy car.
I still have it.
TALK ABOUT DEFERRED GRATIFICATION !
What color are those stripes? Look like a champagne color, and I like that...a lot...I'm just plain BRM right now, and have been thinking about stripes...but the stripe color has me hesitating...
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote