View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #121
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
I received a PM from a member about information that I'd like to share.

The question had to do with my white turn signal bulbs. These are called switchback LEDs. Here is a DIY on that: DIY Install LED SWITCHBACK TURN SIGNALS White DRL and Amber Blinker in one! For RS

When switching out the bulbs for LEDs, you have to insert power resistors across the line so that the computer doesn't think that a bulb is burned out. Anyway, these do not require a heat sink because the turn signal is never on the whole time. They will not get hot.

The HP modules (as well as the SL modules) include 4 extra auxiliary outputs. We haven't really talked about these before, because I thought that it would confuse some people. Anyway, this is where our DRL harness hooks into. The DRL harness utilizes two of these ports, and then they go into a tiny circuit board that is built into our DRL harness. We can basically do the same thing to power the white LEDs in the switchback bulbs.

On my car, I have it set so that when my car turns on, these white bulbs come on, the driving lights come on, and my halos come on white. That is just how I wanted it. I can change it though so that they don't come on unless I specifically turn them on with the remote or the app. They also produce some nice strobing effects for car shows. It draws a lot of attention even during the daytime shows.

If you are interested in adding a small harness to do this, send me a message.

Thanks everyone that has already ordered. We still have some of the first batch available for sale. If we do run out, we'll get the next batch ordered so that there won't be a long delay.

So an additional harness would be needed to power/control turn signal led bulbs to connect to your drl harness or module? Just to clarify.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote