View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
side0ut

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
So I just finished installing my speakers and amp in my car. To now answer my question: There is indeed an 8-inch subwoofer in the non-ba convertible. It has a very little amp attached to the backside of the plate. That is the only amp in the car with all the other speakers running off the factory deck. It would have been nice to know beforehand that it was there so I would have just tapped into the remote amp turn on power instead of taking the factory deck out to tap into the harness. Oh well.. Maybe this will help someone else if they decide to upgrade their non-ba stereo in a convertible. By the way, use the white wire. I used the alpine 5-channel amp with Kicker components speakers in front and Boston Acoustics in the rear. I put the Kicker 10-inch sub in the factory location. Everything sounds great with the exception of the subwoofer which already been mentioned. I just had to try it for myself. Overall, the bass is 10 times better than the factory but is not optimal since it appears to be sound only and can't really be felt. Will try moving it to a box in the trunk and see how much of a difference there is.
side0ut is offline   Reply With Quote