View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
slowfofo

Drives: slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I know Wilwood makes rotors that are decently light - I could have sworn a member had them on his car, but will have to look for it.

Then I think Granatelli makes rotors - but I personally wouldn't buy anything from them. Well anything that you need to rely on anyway.
I purchased the Granateeli rotors this morning and I am driving there to pick them up. I have not looked up the stock weights but Granateli told me the fronts weigh 24.5 and the rears are 23.9. I asked why their brakes were better than stock and they said, well they are stock, Stock Brembo cores that are machined with slots and holes or dimples. The benefit stems from the slots and dimples

Anyway I paid $425.00 and could not pass up the deal. I will weigh them myself before i install them to confirm. Wilwoods were quoted to me at $4557 front and rear in Red or Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Then I think Granatelli makes rotors - but I personally wouldn't buy anything from them. Well anything that you need to rely on anyway.
Tried to PM you but it would not work. Are you another victum of GMS or just following that other thread. I tend to want to hear from the real customers not the hear-say

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294470

this thread turned into a pretty good read for brakes in general.
Well I just read this and it makes a lot of sence if you save 23lbs all around but it was hard to beat the $420 price for all 4. Plus on the surface their website does not really make it easy to see the 2010-2013 stuff for the camaro. Love the 23 save though - thats huge
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote