View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #18
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnee View Post
Hey, this is my first post on the site, and I hope you guys can help me. I'm 16 and i'm looking at the camaro for my first car. Heres the only problem: the snow. My dad said I can get the camaro, but he said because its rear wheel drive it won't be as good in the snow, so i won't be able to drive it that much. My sister has a mustang (i don't buy into the whole rivalry, if its an awesome car, i like it ) and it is terrible in the snow... to the point of being undriveable. Does anyone know if the camaro is going to be any better in the snow? it only snows a few times badly a winter here in Jersey, but i wanna be able to drive it all year round... thanks guys

Sorry but the fact of the matter is this. Both the Camaro and the Mustang are rear wheel drive vehicles and sports cars for that matter. Both light in the ass and will get all over the place. when I lived in Germany I owned a 2005 BMW M3. This was at the time a $69,000 car that was the ultimate driving machine for me. The first snow the car could have been considered retarded. I could not drive faster that say 5-8mph. In those conditions the car was not worth a shit and a death trap at that. If I were you I would get a vehicle like a pick up or SUV, jeep something that is good in all weather conditions and then get the camaro later. The camaro is a spring, summer , fall type of vehicle. The car is not desighned for doing the Canon Ball run across Alaska in the middle of winter.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote