View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #15
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
If you are getting an SS or RS, those LS wheels won't fit your car because you'll have brake caliper clearance issues.
ORLY? Nobody ACTUALLY know whether or not you can fit the stock 18s over the Brembos yet. The 2004-2006 CTS-V ran the same Brembo setup that the Camaro is getting and came stock with 18s. And either way, the RS/LT is still going to have those single piston sliding calipers, so the 18s will still fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Time to educate a few -

When you order an RS, you get the 19 inch wheels. This actually triggers the SS hubs in the rear and you end up with a 4.5 link rear end vs the 4 link in the LT and the 5 link in the SS. Spoke to Al Oppenheimer to great length about the rear suspension unit. I suggest some poeple do their own research before calling people names or assuming someone is speculating. Good day.
So, following your logic, an extra SUSPENSION MEMBER is going to keep 18" wheels from fitting the RS/LT? And the LS, RS/LT, and SS all have different rear suspensions? GM really engineered 3 different rear cradles for the Camaro?

Well, here's the rear suspension out of the LS and LT. Why don't you show us where this 5th member is going to be that is going to physically contact an 18" wheel, Mr. Inside Scoop? Remember, for the suspension to actually contact the wheel, it has to, at least, stick out farther from the center of the hub than the outside of the caliper.

I think you're still speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Now that's what I call a burn
Too soon, Junior.