View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #2993
dale88jrdew
Brad

Drives: 2016 2LT/RS
Welcome also to you (Brad is it?) too! Bad news is that 2010s were all 1LTs. That means no RS headlamps with the halos. That was the one thing that I was disappointed with in the 2010 Synergy Edition (*gasp* blasphemy, I know!). But despair not; there is a way to get halos in your car that doesn't involve kitchen appliances. I replaced my non-RS halogen headlamps with aftermarket "Eagle Eyes". They are HIDs headlights that come with CCFL halos that are white. The one drawback is that there is no way to make the halos change colors, because they are more like florescent lights, and not LED driven like the stock halos. Good thing is that they are pretty much plug and play. You do have to add in ballasts (included in the kit) and I would recommend the anti-flicker wiring harness (extra). But no baking involved! They run around $300 a pair last time I looked, which is a lot cheaper than the $600-800+ each of the stock RS. Here's what mine look like:

Thanks for posting the pic. I'm fine with just the white halos - don't need anything too fancy - and the car is flashy enough so don't need colors I'm just afraid / not familiar with wiring, taking stuff apart and all that. I mean I've done some small things to fix some other cars, but it was more take a panel off, put something in and putting the panel back on lol That taking the whole front off is s c a r y lol
dale88jrdew is offline   Reply With Quote