View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #966
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Part of the IOM Camaro crew at last

Taking time to sit down and compose myself to write this up

Picked up my car Thursday night and gave both my family and the guys at Hendrick a laught at my paranoia about driving a right hand stickshift for first time !
I had a few near things - reaching out on left - on the way home - but soon acclimated to the different side.

I got instant "cool" points running my son and a family friend to high school next morning and was starting to relax a bit when driving to work and a stone hit the windshield and cracked it ! Gulp.... talk about instant buzz kill...
Looks like wednesday before new screen will be available - so I guess I got my first realiity check from the man upstairs on the inevitability of minor mishaps ;-)

Over the weekend I have washed and waxed the beast and have seen what you are all talking about when you talk about the looks that this car draws. It is a 4 wheeled conversation starter and I am sure that the IOM really makes it stand out even more.

I have already had pickup trucks and cars appear right on my tail - then pull up alongside - then cut in front - before then accelerating off with waves and thumbs up .... The office at Safelight autoglass company pretty much emptied out with folks looking at the car (amazing how folks overestimate how much this car cost) and even the owner of our local icecream stand came out to chat when I took my youngest daughter out for a cruise today.

Everyone is interested in looking at the car, sitting in it and talking about it - and I feel like we are literally extended ambassadors for GM with this beast.
My family give me a running commentary on the whiplash cases we are causing while I drive - and its clear that my youngest has that "rock star" feeling She also pointed out how much she loves her own little window in the back - which had not even ocurred to me - but after 10 years with the FBody and no side vision - even a porthole makes a big difference.

I have to say that having bought the car with no test drive whatsoever I was a bit nervous - but the comments on this forum have been really helpful in making me feel I was making the right call on this car - and you have all kept me going while waitin for the car to go into production and then have kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for my order to drop.

I will type up some more comments / observations on the car after I have racked up some more miles.

I dont want this thread to be worthless so here are some pics

As my youngest pointed out - I have been wearing my Camaro5 shirt too many days since I got the car so I better go order some other ones :-)

Thanks to all for inspiring me to buy this awe inspiring car - and to FBodfather for the participation from GM on this forum through good spells and periods of borderline paranoia (brake weights anyone) where the straight talk and obvious focus on quality really one me over too .

In the pics you can see we had to tell the camaro to stop growling and staring down the corvettes at Hendrick (good crew of folks there) and then there are pics of my youngest and I in the freshly polished beast
Attached Images