View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
You are right, But Elcho is a dealership that actually does quite well. Heck, they just opened their new showroom (very nice by the way). From there perspective, they are doing quite well. Putting it simply, they (elco) don't need the discounts to help them make the sale. They know that they can sell these cars in a blink of an eye. It does no good to tell them you will walk unless you honor the discount. They can sell it five minutes after I walk out.

The problem with using the whole "they need the money, no matter what" argument just doesn't work with this car. Actually, I was told that even the dealer that works there that ordered a Camaro won't get a discount on it. If he can't get, what chance do we have?
I'm not talking about Elco exclusively. I'm referring to GM as a whole. But, Elco does have Silverados on there lot offering rebates/discounts up to $8k off of msrp, so they discount. Also, I work with someone who ordered a SS from Elco, and he did get a discount below msrp simply because he is friends with someone who works there, so I'm sure the Elco employees will get discounts if they buy. I will buy from the closest dealer to me that will offer GMS pricing. No sweat if that is not Elco.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote