View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
Black LS3

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I bought mine from a dealer linked off this site, I saved $500.00, did the deal over the phone a few days after buying my Camaro. You can buy your warranty from any Chevy dealer you want, shop around. Fletcher Chevy is the one I bought from, really nice guy. The only down side, I had to buy it, I could not finance it in my loan, no biggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Oh man....see if you can cash in the warranty. When I bought the extended warranty on my Cobra several years back I was able to get a pro-rated return for the time I didn't use.

Mine is almost here and I started working on financing today. I was offered 5/50k warranty for $895 or $995 with the tire warranty.

If I remember correctly you can buy the warranty from any GM dealer. I remember a thread a long time back where a dealer was offering something like $745 for a 6/60k. I'm going to see if I can find that thread and get the contact person.

I hearing that GM will make you offers after the fact if you turn down the extended warranty when you buy the car. Probably a little more expensive but I think they will finance it as well.

I think I'm going to wait and not buy the warranty at the moment but that's just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Warranty = no cool mods

I'll just use my normal warranty and then

I've been very fotunate. I've never needed to use my warranty after the factory warranty ran out. *knocks on wood*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
I can't remember if I read this here or not... But it was something along the lines of if you buy your extended warranty the 1 day before it would be 1 year since buying the car (for instance I bought mine 12-17, so I would do this on 12-16) it goes for a year longer or there's something 'special' when you do that? I don't remember too much about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
Extended warranties are a bunch of crap. You have a factory 100k mile warranty bumper to bumper. The sales people get a bonus when they sale an extended warranty. They are sales people... they get paid to sale. No matter what the sale person quotes from the brochure... your still paying for something youll most likely never use.
Hey Everyone,...

Thanks for stopping by.
I asked about any Mods that I might be installing like Headers or CAI and he said that it Would Not Void the Warranty if I installed those options.

Wow you guys found some pretty good prices on the Extended Warranty. I know they make good money when they sell one to someone, The exact figure I have no idea about though.

As far as when to buy it,...

Hey BlaSSt Off,... I thought that it was Only a 3 Year 30,000 Mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty that came with the Camaro, Now you have me wondering, I'm going to check that out after I write this.

At the time when I bought it I was thinking to myself to buy it later so that I didnt have 2 Bumper to Bumper Warranties going at the same time and the later I bought it,... The Longer I would have it for kind of thing.

I did buy an extended Warranty one time on a `91 Camaro that I bought when I got back from Iraq while I was still in the Army and the Car got stolen and destroyed and it was one of those that were only good at that dealership where I bought it from and at that time I was able to Cash it in for the Remainder of the Balance of it.

If i could have really bought a GM Bumper to Bumper Warranty for 6 years 60k Miles for $800 I'm going to be Pissed Off.

Do you remember where that thread is by chance?
Magnaflow 2.50" Tru-X X-Pipe.
AirAid Cold Air Intake System.

11.21.09 1100 Order Accepted At Dealer - 11.24.09 2000 Accepted At GM - 11.25.09 2500 Preferenced - 12.03.09 3000 Production Control Notes: 01/11/2010 - 12.17.09 3400 Order Broadcast - 01.13.10 3800 Order Produced VIN # 2G1FT1E - 01.25.10 4000 Available to Ship from Rail Yard by Truck - 01.27.10 5000 Delivered to the Dealership - 01-27-10 6000 Delivered to Customer.
Black LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote