View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Buhmblbe
Growing Up=Optional

Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformers 2LT RS
Vortec Cyclone install on the V6

http://www.vorteccyclone.com/
This was about as easy as easy gets. Not sure if I'll actually see any increase in MPG or "pep in my step", but I figured it was worth a try. Here's the pics for those of you who know how to use a flat head screwdriver.
1-remove the oil cap and lift off the plastic engine cover.

2-Loosen the flat head srcew holding the clamp for the air intake where it meets the engine

3-Remove the air intake

4-Get out your Cyclone

5-Insert the cyclone into the intake tube with the cut fin side facing the engine and the flat edge facing the filter/air intake side.

6-Be sure to push the cyclone in far enough so that the air intake tube can be reseated onto the engine all the way. Notice the edges of the cyclone don't come fully together. Rotate the cyclone so that it doesn't block the internal opening shown in this picture(truthfully I have no idea what that opening is for)

7-Reattach the intake hose to the engine and tighten the clamp with your flathead screwdriver again.

8-Put the engine cover back on and then put the oil cap back on.

9-Go drive your camaro!and let me know how your MPG is. I'll repost mine in a week. Right now I'm getting 15.9 MPG being moderately heavy on the accelerator.