View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #131
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
So i'm now convinced I don't have a clue what I'm looking at/doing . I just put my Inj Delta on the same scale as my FP and what do you know...all of a sudden things are starting to click (maybe).

If i understand what I've been reading...Inj Delta + Boost = Desired FP.

When you are not in boost, there is a vacuum, so the Inj Delta is > 58 by the amount of vacuum. For example: Boost = -12, so Inj Delta = 70 (70 - 12 = 58). At this point, no boost, so FP holds steady at "Des FP = 58". Inj Delta reads 70 due to the vacuum, however the rail pressure remains 58 (as desired).

When you are in boost, it changes...now the rail is getting pressure from both the Manifold and the fuel pump. The goal to maintain 58psi in the rail...so the fuel pump has to reduce pressure to compensate for the boost . I see my Inj delta match up with FP at 0psi, when i go into boost the FP starts to reduce pressure to maintain 58psi in the rail. So when i get to 13psi of boost, the FP has to back down 13psi (result 45 psi).

This would explain why i see no difference w/my BAP on the ZL1 pump... because it doesn't need it. It is maintaining 58psi at the rail w/o the BAP. It would also explain why my AFR stays rich throughout my pull.

If my new theory is right, then PQ running 48psi @ 7.5psi is actually maintaining 55.5psi of pressure in the rail...

I think this makes sense, but it would be nice for someone w/a clue to confirm.

The only thing it doesn't explain is why the duty cycle on my pump stays at 99.6%...has to be something in the whipple tune i'm missing.
So basically the injectors get that boost pressure as a sort of back pressure?

Hmmmmm.......... interesting.

Yes, can someone confirm?

I do know that a liquid compresses differently than air. So I don't know if this is plausible..... ???

But it's definitely thread worthy if we can learn something.