View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
Thanks Rick, lol. Don't worry, the car gets beat on plenty. Its been down the track a lot on street tires!

Get any time slips with that new cam in the car yet? I would love to be able to run at sea level. Lol
Local track isn't opened back up yet. They are building a "sound barrier" to keep the asshat that filed a lawsuit against the track happy.

A guy filed a lawsuit 15 years ago saying the noise level was a hazard to his kids that were around 10, after he bought a house 1/4 mile from California Speedway and drag strip. That case was quickly tossed out of court.

About a year ago, he moved CLOSER to the track, kids are grown and on their own, and he filed again. This time, the track is shut down.

I can't think of another state that would listen to someone who bought a second house that was closer to the source of his original complaint.

Needless to say, there are quite a few people anxiously awaiting the re-opening of the strip. You know two of them.
I can't say the same for their wives though. lol

I made the drive from there to Vegas in a day, driving in a Saab 97x SUV and having to drive like grandma. Vegas is only a 3 hour "spirited" drive from here so I have faith that you can make it in a day.

You wouldn't have to even get a room.

Any time you get froggy and want to bring the beast out here you are more than welcome. I could only imagine the kind of trouble that would follow 3 IOM Camaros. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk