View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I would say $27K might be a bit high, you get nothing or almost nothing for mods, although your mileage is very low. I was offered $25K for my 20,000 mile 11 2SS/RS.

However, in certain areas there are a number of ZL1 verts around. You could be right, after the 14s are announced, you might get a good deal on a '13. but you will most likely have to yield on the color and options. But if this will be your last later mid-life crisis car, you might want that '14 with a few improvements. Who knows? Maybe 50 more HP? Or maybe you might want the 2014 LS7 Z28. Expect to pay ADM and get a raw deal on your trade for that.

But what could be more fun is improving your current SS to ZL1 performance levels.

$65K-25K = $40,000 + interest = ZL1 dream cost.

For $15K you could build your current SS into a reliable ZL1 equal. On any track. While many will say it cant be done, it has. And if you look around on the build threads it is big fun.

That would leave you $25k left over to buy a boat or an over priced Harley. I would say the second option is more fun overall and you will have more things to do when all you have is spare time. Besides racing ZL1s.

the disadvantage to this option is you would be investing more money that you will never get back into you car where as if you buy the zl1 its still worth 55,000 dollars at the end of the day. i say buy the zl1 and be happy
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote