View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 bad azz ls3 View Post
It's not just the heat it is also the pressure from the supercharger..
Shouldn't matter; A quality CAT should not melt, here's an article I found on the subject. Hope this helps. I don't expect mine to melt, if it does me an the manufacturer going to have a deep conversation on the topic.

I might be old fashioned but if a corporation manufactures, tests, and sells aftermarket automotive products those products should hold up to what their supposed to do.

Doesn't make any sense to me that cats melt, when you need them to pass emissions.

I might be missing something here, but most cars are used for daily drivers, and many vehicles have superchargers and turbos' straight from the automaker. So, putting my ignorance aside, seems like snake oil to me when cats start to melt and the exuse is you have a supercharger on your engine. No?

Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't be destrying my cats, instead I'd be looking for a pro-bono replacement pair.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...ers/index.html

I know for some the term pay to play comes to mind, but I don't mind paying to play, but I shouldn't be paying and then being told to break the products I just bought so they won't break my engine.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote