View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #1036
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I guess my point is that a Camaro with a turbo 4 probably won't be anything like a Metro (or my wife's Sonic; which I love to drive on short trips). If it takes a turbo 4 base model for GM to offer a V8 in future Camaros, then I have know problem with it. People can't on the one hand say they won't try to change the law and on the other hand dismiss ways GM may be forced to respond to the law and still expect to keep the V8 around. Saying you won't buy a V8 Camaro if the base model has four cylinders is sending the wrong message, IMHO.
What message do you think I'm sending? The one I'm trying to send is don't ruin this car. Don't make a crappy car to keep the V8 at a higher price point. (Like SRT) They might make the 4 the main car, the turbo 4 the SS and the only V8 a Zl1, or Z28.

The only message that matters is if car companies can't sell us govt mandated crap, they will fight back and exert more pressure than I ever could.

I can call my congressman all I want, but if I buy the crappy product anyway then they will say "see, they like it."

Money talks, and if mandated 50 mpg egg shaped electric hamster cars going beedow beedow beedow don't sell, then congressmen will get leaned on and laws will change.