View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #98
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
Trap speed tells the story there. Is your wife still on the stock 2.73 gears?

I think I may have asked you before, but what has been her launch proceedure? Her 60' are incredibly high. Even if she cut consitant 2.2-ish 60', She would be in the low 14's with that trap speed.

I posted a link to this before, invest in these for her for next season.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-p...ling-arms.html

I cut 2.0x 60' with these. She should be close with the stock gearing.

Glad you guys are having fun together.
Wife is still has her 2.73's. Won't be upgrading those until we move into our own house.

I don't know what she does exactly, but I know that traction control is left on. Next time we plan on swapping rides for a few passes to see if there is anything I can do. I leave traction control on in the Camaro because I think the computer applies brakes if it detects wheel spin and if it keeps up it then reduces power. I don't think she is loading the torque converter either.

That is on the short list of things to buy, especially since the 3.73's will make wheel hop noticable. What about the BMR LCA's and the relocation kit? I have BMR stuff on the Camaro and like their products. I don't mind spending extra money either, helps having no kids.

Also the first 2 runs and the last run were with the 91 Performance tune, the middle runs were with the Race tune. Doesn't seem like there was much difference between the 2.

We are having fun doing this, but we have to come up with rules on determining who won the night of racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
+1, you only won because of the consistent .2-.3 advantage in the 60`
I'll take it, her reaction time has gotten alot better after I told her to just watch the 3rd yellow light and hit the gas when it lights up. If she can get her 60' time down she might need a helmet.

As for my times, I'm either going to get a new tuner or go to the tune I had before this one. On June 29th I ran a 14.635 @ 96.95 with the DA of 4158. Then on November 9th I run a 14.501 @ 97.39 with a DA of 2562. Both those times are not corrected. The only changes were the tune, ported throttle body and oil change.

BAMA tuning did a good job with her Mustang's tune, and the sound it makes now is awesome, very aggressive.