View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #433
mabroox
Camarwo

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS
I won't start a performance argument; I'm not qualified to defend myself in that area, and I may not know know design, but I know what I like; I like the design of the Camaro. I don't have any issues with the 2014 refresh, but after seeing the unveiling, I went out and bought a 2013 2SS/RS. I just like it more.

I didn't know what to think of the 2014 tailights, but they are already growing on me. I guess I just wasn't blown away by the refresh. That said, the Z/28 is beautiful. I like it much better than the 2014 SS...but the racing power of a Z/28 would go unused (much like my wife's china in the cupboard) if I went and bought one.

The Camaro is my commute car and I want those creature comforts that the Z/28 lacks. Sadly, because of traffic, I wanted the automatic as well. Shoot... (now don't take away my membership but) I would have bought a 5th Gen Camaro with an electric or hybrid engine if they had one. I just love the design.

I appreciate Team Camaro working hard to bring it back after it's hiatus and I appreciate their efforts to keep improving it each year. The incremental improvements are one of the reasons it took me to until this year to buy one. Every year there was one more "gotta have" that I waited for.

This year you added the color HUD, so if you had added cooled seats, blindspot warning and another 10 mpg, I would have waited again (taillights be damned). Thanks for only adding 1 of the 4 things I was hoping for; I was tired of waiting.

Special thanks to FbodFather for keeping us informed and teaching us about the history of the car that we're all obviously enthusiastic about.
mabroox is offline   Reply With Quote