View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinvt View Post
I've posted a few times....my 2LT has had some issues with the rally stripes peeling and pitting after 3 (yes, three!) weeks. Dealer offered to re-stripe the car, but I don't have confidence in the long-term longevity of the stripes.
Warranty or not, I don't want to wind up back at the dealer every 6 months to get the car restriped!
I love the stripes though...and I've got my mind set on getting them painted on.
My dealer quoted me $2800 to get them painted....heart-attack!
Another forum member here pointed me to another dealer that paints them for $700.
I tell my dealer...I told them I don't want them to restripe the car, I want them painted....and even if they just order the stripes, give them to me, and I resell them to go towards the paint job....
They offered me a $500 parts/service department credit instead of doing the stripes.
I told them I just wanted either cash or a credit I could use at the other dealer...they are going to let me know tomorrow.

But my question....if you guys had a $500 dealer parts/service credit offer, would you take it? What would you use it for?
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote