View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Arsenal11

Drives: 2010 2SS
Engine Power Reduced - Need Feedback (sorta long read)

So while i was driving my camaro one day, the screen randomly said "Engine Power Reduced" and my acceleration 0-60 was like 25 seconds. My check engine light also went on. So I called the local chevy dealer and they said to bring it in for service because most likely the cpu needs to be flashed. However, when i restarted my car after an hour or so, the message was gone and the check engine light was off. A few weeks go by and all of a sudden the message comes up again, but this time I decide to make my appointment and bring it in. It turns out they replaced the ECM module and toke it for a test drive and had no problems. Unfortunately, 2 weeks later (2 days ago) the message comes up again. But if I leave the car off for a few minutes and then restart it, the message goes away.

So my question is, what the hell is going on with my camaro? The dealer mentioned that an aftermarket intake can affect it but I had my airtake in for almost a year now and had no problems. I currently have the Cold Air Inductions intake installed. It isn't tuned but the company didn't say it required one, but once again it has been installed for close to a year without any issues.

Has anyone else solved this problem? Also I have another problem but I am not sure if its related. If I try to switch lanes at any speed, my car seems to pull itself to the opposite side. In other words, if I am switching to the left lane, my car will pull to straighten out back into the right lane (if that makes sense), it almost feels like the steering wheel has a mind of its own. It's not an alignment issue because I recently got my car realigned and it didn't solve anything. Also I would like to add that when my check engine light is on and it says 'Engine Power Reduced", my stabitrack is also lit up.

If anyone can help, please let me know!
Arsenal11 is offline   Reply With Quote