View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwarrenb View Post
Yes, it was on the forum that I heard that it was a nightmare to match. The shop didn't say too much, said it wasn't a 3 stage paint so wasn't really difficult and said he would paint it over and over until I was happy, just hate to go through all that trouble. I had a car before that had the bumper repainted and it wasn't a match. Everyone could tell and commented on it. The ding in my door now is noticeable but not bad unless you know where to look. Just hoping someone has either had no problems with it or lots of trouble before I decide to spray half of my car. Also it seems things I have had painted in the past just doesn't hold up as well as factory paint for some reason.

i painted my bumper but like i said the guy did buy the pint from the local dealer, so it wasnt matched like most places do.

i am re painting my bumper but all the quotes i have gotten were from 250-600. that was for paint matching which im still iffy on.

the one place i know will do a great job is 900+ and its factory paint.
the people with the matching say they guarentee which means they must re paint ituntill its matched.
if you go for it, GET IT IN WRITING !!!