View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Yes, and On Star probably can too if it's active. Advance Auto, Auto Zone and O'Rielly's should be able to also.

I'm thinking the codes probably came from you running the car while you had the intake off, the code set and you probably just didn't notice the light. Did you happen to shut the car off by reaching in the window?

Go a head and get the codes pulled though. Probably going to all be MAF and IAT related though.
You might be right. I didn't really pay any attention to the gauges when I started the car up without the intake on. And no, I sat inside when I started it up but got out as soon as it started. (When it started up without the intake, it kind of lagged a bit on the idle at first but then was fine a few seconds later). As for shutting the car off, I can't remember... I may have done so by just reaching in the window like you said.

I only had the car running for about 30 seconds to check the pulleys, I don't see why the CEL would be indicating any genuine damage.

I'll bring it somewhere and see if they can pull the codes and/or clear them if nothing bad is happening.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote