View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 01:34 AM   #15
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I just leased a Challenger Hellcat with M6 trans, lol!! During a test drive I noticed that 1, the clutch in the HC is super heavy...2, it seemed a bit difficult to drive the HC fast...3, compared to the ZL1 when I first test drove it, the HC did not seem as fast.

Now let me explain. 1, the clutch. I spoke with my best friend and he said that of course the clutch would be heavy in a 707 hp car. Which I agree. I haven't driven a stick shift in months since I got rid of my 15 GT and 10 SS. So my left leg might just be out of practice. 2, it might be that I was being a bit cautious. I got into the car knowing it's power and I was trying to hold back. When I got the ZL1 I was not afraid to let her rip. So it might have been all in my head. 3, the HC I test drove was a used one whereas I'm getting a brand new one. I used the red key, but perhaps the hp was dialed down. Or perhaps driving the ZL1 all this time made the HC feel not as powerful as I thought it should feel. Maybe I'm used to higher hp by now. But no matter how I slice it, it was still a fun car to whip around.

So with that said, I think the LT4 engine is just as strong as the HC engine in that it can take the same abuse. But I do think that larger blower on the HC would give the ZL1 a hard time. Just listening to the supercharger whine in both cars, the HC is much more prominent. So with bolt-ons and stock displacement and keeping the stock blowers on both engines, I think the HC will overwhelm the ZL1. Start throwing aftermarket blowers on both cars and it is anyone's game.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote