Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Approximate LT4 Power Levels:

Bolt ons: 650 RWHP
+ E85 & Ported Blower: 700 RWHP
+ Cam: 750-775 RWHP
+ Heads: 800 RWHP
+ Everything else: 820 RWHP.

What 2NASSTY said is dead on as usual. Hellcats are no joke on the highway or the strip. Hellcat engines crank out 900+ RWHP on bolt ons and E85. Their A8 is insanely quick too, coupled with spongey suspension that helps the weight to really transfer hard...They're definitely a tad quicker than an A10 ZL1 stock, and mod for mod, wayyy faster.

This is the discussion I've had here before, no one likes when I say the above, but it's true. GM let us down for the highway/strip usage compared to our current competitors. No doubt when the GT500 comes out it will beat the Hellcat in the highway/strip category, which already beats the ZL1, and the GT500 will probably out do/tie the ZL1 on a road course by taking pieces from a GT350R = We are behind again. GM did the same thing to us 5th gen ZL1 owners, our competitors (GT500s, Hellcats), left us for dead when racing how 99% of owners get to race...Three honk races in Mexico or strip nights.
I disagree with the part about GM letting us down. There is no way the 17 ZL1 is a let down. If anything I think GM got it right and found the perfect balance between price, comfort, performance, options, and everything else. Going from a Hellcat to a ZL1 you would see just how remarkable the ZL1 is. I mean, the Hellcat is an absolute monster. But the ZL1 is just such an awesome car when everything is thrown at it. In the HC you have to slow down a lot before hitting a corner...and much earlier because the brakes are not strong enough for the size, weight, and power of the HC. In the ZL1 you can just whip around any corner and come out blazing and just nail it. The brakes are phenomenal. And the car grabs you and holds you tight in the seat. The HC's seats just will have you all over the place. Plus A10 to A8 and I think you have a dead even race. A10 to M6 and the ZL1 should win. A8 to M6 and we know the HC will win. But trust me, the ZL1 is probably one of the most awesome machines out right now...I mean, not including Vipers and GTRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I agree with most of what you say other than the GT500 will beat both the Hellcat and ZL1 at the strip. If it isn't released with an automatic that isn't going to happen even if they throw 750-hp at it. Look at the times the manual versions of the Hellcat and ZL1s have compared to the automatics they loose atleast 1/2 second sometimes more.
If Ford is gonna remain competitive they're gonna have to throw an auto in the Shelbys. And more options like a sunroof.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote