View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #282
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
First off, I've been thinking of doing a drop for awhile and thought it'd be rather expensive and than I found this thread and honestly cant believe its $300 SHIPPED for these. What a great deal and once I get the cash Ill be sure to purchase these from you guys. Quick question though, do people do just a front drop and leave the rear as is? In my head I wonder if it would work as the look of a higher rear end and lower front end to me would look good. I just dont know if anyones done it or if its recommended. Also, how hard are these to install yourself?
A set of lowering springs is all you need. I do not recommend lowering just the front. Doing so would alter the balance of the car and have a negative impact on the car's handling. The install isn't bad. Here is a link to the instructions.

Camaro Drop Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Oh and another question, what do the sway bars actually do? It is recommended to do sways and the drop at same time or is acceptable to do them at different stages?
Sway bars torsion springs that connect the left and right sides of your suspension and resist body roll. They are one of the biggest bang for your buck mods for these cars. There is not reason they have to be done at the same time as lowering springs.