View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
@ EllwynX
I've read Eragon (again), Eldest (again), All the harry potter books (except the 7th) and American Gods in the past month and a half. I've run out of good books to read. I am thinking about going to get deception point from Dan Brown but I don't really wanna drop 20-40 dollars if they only have hardback. As for the anime, Yu Gi Oh was alright. I just play M:TG casually but I have some of the oldies (few dual lands, force of will etc.) Digimon was cool as we power rangers (I love the whole transformer thing and robots, but I highly dislike Mecha anime. I loved beast wars and Zoids, but those ended far too early for my taste. I used to watch Witchhunter Robin but it eventually began to bore me.

@ Camarospike
Akira sucked because of the whole transformation thing near the end. Anyone who hasn't understood FLCL would be beyond lost with that. Up until that point it was a great movie. I have a bunch of the anime you listed as well, it was the "...and many more" part. I have seen Evangelion and liked it, but not enough to buy. I couldn't get into gungrave and inuyasha became more childish/kiddie than Naruto ever was/is. I'm just a big fan of desperation moves/ninja type elements. If you don't like Naruto, watch episodes 46-50 and then tell me Rock Lee isn't a bad ass. I'm sure you can find them on youtube. I think that's why I'm a big fan of the series, and Kenshin also. He was a god in terms of swordsmanship but there were times when he was challenged and would pull out some insane move that comes out of nowhere since the "battousai" was hidden away. There was always a way to be amazed when he was fighting the tough enemies.

I've always wanted to try escaflowne and Pat Labor but I can't seem to find a decent episode list or something that tells me what comes first. Is the movie first or are the episodes first? Which Macross comes first? Zero? Macross? Macross 2? Macross +? I just started watching Samurai 7: Search for the seven, but I only have the first DVD. Waiting on netflix to send the rest.

EDIT: I used to play World of Warcraft in my spare time but I let my account subside on the 16th so I can't just log in and ROAMN to slaughter innocents anymore.