View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #11
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
Actually it is no myth. Food prices have risen dramatically since we started using our crops to make fuel and will continue to strech our food supplies until we develop a way to make ethanol without using our food crops. It is no coincidence that food prices have risen with the demand of corn for ethonal no matter what the politicians try to tell you. Corn is a basic staple around the world not only for people but for our livestock as well. And while energy costs as well as weather play a part in food prices do not think for one minute that using our food crops and land to grow gas is not effecting your food prices.
What do you suggest we do? I'm for making E85,and other alternative fuels, In fact I will buy a volt for my commuting, but I don't want to have food sky rocket either. Can't we just increase corn production? I know we need more land, but if my brother in-law can grow stuff in his room using hydropnics, can't we do the same thing in large plants or wearhouses? I mean we put chemicals in vegetables already, can't we just make special corn on steroid that's made just for making E85? For know I think we have to drill. Some one said something about everyone will just have to stop driving gas guzzlers and SUVs. Even if we stop driving SUVs and gas guzzlers,(I dare some idiot liberal like Al Gore to tell me to stop driving my Camaro), That not even a 20% of consumption. We have to make big semi-trucks efficient as well, not to mention commercial airplanes, commercial transportation, cargo ships, and the list goes on. We cannot stifle our American auto industry including ford and Chrysler. Oh, by the way, other German, Italian, British, and Japanese auto manufacturers are losing mony too because we are not buying their cars. The whole world is in this sh*t too.

I dare some one to tell me I can't buy this car or question my priorities. I'm for the American economy and the American way! I want to have my Camaro and fill her up and not have to think twice about how much it costs. I want to enjoy the spoils of my success.

On a happier note, everybody going to buy some stock in GM on monday? I hear we can get it for $7. I think that should boost the moral.