View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #51
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZCAMARO View Post
Good point, doubt if this is something unique to GM dealerships. I'm wondering if this crap goes on at many shops, are jack-wagons like that who work for GM dealerships coddled by unions?

I'm betting no but the blame falls on the dealership who will deny it ever happened. I was told by the private owner mechanic at a local shop this: Y'eah, but who do the dealerships hire, their boss says a 4 hour job is only a 2 hour job and that's all their getting paid.

My guess is that the dealerships mechanics (in general, not all of them of course)..are not exactly an elite group of highly talented and well paid experts .

About the only reason I'd ever go there is for warranty issues, and than I'd try to go to an authorized repair shop.
I took some classes at an automotive technical institute and if you would have seen how some of my classmates acted, drank alcohol, and how careless they were with our guinipig cars.... you, like myself, would never want to take your pride and joy to a shop again. Too bad it's often inedible.

There are some good mechanics out there too that handle cars with kid's gloves, just no way to be sure you will get one when you drop off your car at a dealership service garage where anyone can end up getting your automobile. It's not fair to the customer.