View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #50
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I understand where your coming from, however GM as a whole is on the better value than the competition bandwagon (think Kia & Hyundai, it's worked well for them). They will offer more for less than the GT500.
They also thought the Camaro as a whole, and then the SS V8 would be niche, but look at the volume.
Make no mistake about it the Z/28 is all marketing!
Look, IMHO anyone who thinks that the starting out MSRP will be anything less than $45k is a fool and that is being on the cheap side. I would agree with WYD OPN, I think the MSRP will be closer to $50k than it will be to $45k.

Offers more for less than a GT500? Depends on what you are looking at. The whole GT500 engine is forged, not getting that with a similiar priced Z28 are you? This means alot to some people and not so much to others. The GT500 engine is hand-made, not getting that for a similiar priced Z28 are you? Again this means something to others and nothing to some. All components on the GT500 are made to handle almost any mods/mass power, I guess we will just have to wait and see if the Z28 components are the same way. Point is there is alot more value in a GT500 than what you might think when you look at its price tag, so before you go saying Z28 will be more value for its money you need to realize fully what the GT500 has to offer cause IMHO the are going to be priced about identical to each other and they will both offer great things to their buyers.

It just all depends on the person(s) personal preference, what they value in a car, and what they want to do with that car.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote