View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #54
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Becareful calling anyone a "fool".
Without a lot of the Lux items it very may well be $43K - $45K.

I already said it and I will say it again!
In an off the showroom floor contest the Z/28 will be a better value.
It will perform better.
The forged components are nice, but I'll take the IRS any day.
Is red font like the new "in" thing on this forum? I really like how you highlighted my not so main points in red! Looks nice.

I did not point your/anyones name out specifically when i said "fool". Maybe i should have said "naive" instead of "fool", sorry about that. Believe me there has been alot more harsh things said on this site than "fool". I don't need your warnings boy, save it for someone who cares.

Here is my justification for why the Z28 will have an MSRP of at least $45k and probably more than that. The Z28 will be more than just an engine u/g hence there will be more of a price difference than just $6-7k for the different engines. There will most likely be drive-train component u/g, wheel u/g, brake u/g, interior u/g, clutch u/g and who knows what else which will result in more than just a $6-7k price difference than an SS. Gotta look at the big picture, not just what's under the hood. If the Z28 MSRP is anything less than $45k I will buy one myself. I'm already considering about getting one whenever they come out even if it's got a $50k MSRP, it's going to be a sweet car for sure.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote