View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
Nice!

To re-iterate, if your car lifts that high on the launch, you're moving up before moving forward, his 60' would be better if he only lifted enough to transfer more weight on the rear tires as needed, I've seen a few cars get bent after a few of those hard landings. I run comp BTW, an 8.50 index, cavalier....
Most guys that hurt their stuff, hurt it because they lift. In CC/SA, they dont make enough power to pull the car out level. The wheelie factor is directly related to power to weight. Look at all the other cars in CC/SA. The ones that are quick are launching with the wheels up. I agree they dont need to go to the moon and in fact too much will cost you valuable time but the competitive cars in this class carry the wheels up & out pretty consistently and with out damage.

Also, just to clarify, if you are refereing to the vid of Connelly at Richmond, that was testing. Look at the vids of the car at Indy. He moved weight around and the car is not going as high (its not going as quick or as fast either)
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote