View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #21
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
ok, so the holes lining up is apparently a no issue.

here's my response back.

Quote:
Hello, it should be no problem to get you going. The black plastic strips are for trunk lids with no holes. Since your lid is already drilled you do not need them. The pre-drilled holes where set up on a 2011 car, Perhaps for what ever reason each lid is drilled a little different. Here is what you need to do. Position the center spoiler section where you need it. Secure it either with some ones help or with the double sided tape. Now that it is positioned you can drill into the base of the spoiler through your exsisting trunk mounting holes holes, just be sure to use a drill bit that is not to big for the screws you are using. The spoiler has an embeded metal plate so putting new holes in it is no problem. Just be sure you take it easy drilling so you do not go through the top if using a long bit. Just hand tighten the screws to prevent from messing up the self tapping holes. If this makes no sense just give me a call, now if you like (888-290-1288) and I can help clarify. I asked the manufacture to place extra tape on the side pieces, the more the better if you have some extra laying around. Some have a body shop pull the tail lights and drill a large access cut out to screw them. You know custom always has some fun to it.. Regards, David - Classic Generaion 888-290-1288
One thing I am also doing is getting some (i forget what it's actually called). . .but the stuff the stock spoiler has around the holes to not let water in the deck lid