View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #104
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Okay, now that Bob Lutz has opened this can of worms on everyone, we need fbodfather to clearify some things RIGHT NOW, before people start jumping off bridges:

The price thing scares me, Scott..... why is Bob talking premium content over Mustang? There are MANY features you might throw on to the Camaro as standard equipment that you may think we want to be "premuim" that most of us could care less about. I LOVE the fact you are going to make the interior higher quality, but let people choose if they want 500 color gauges or twin bun warmers. Don't make that stuff standard just to boost the sticker price and hence consider the car "preeeeeeemium (in a snobish voice with my nose turned up)". It's a Camaro, not a Cadillac.

If you are considering the turbo'd 4, which coincidentally has 260 hp, and the DI'd 3.6 tuned down to 260 hp, why on earth would anyone consider the 4? The difference in fuel economy will be negligable at best. Unless you have some true raw data from tests that show the turbo 4 getting at least 5 mpg better overall than the 3.6, there is no reason to opt for the turbo 4. I'll buy a Sky Redline if I want that engine, thank you.

Please Scott, elaborate on what Mr. Lutz seems to have opened up.

I don't know if it's bad or good. Help us out here.