View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
Tecca

Drives: ...
First off I really appreciate that John and Dave are willing to help correct some of the issues I have had and willing to help my case out it truly shows that they do care about their customers and want to do the right thing.

When I did this post the last thing I wanted to do is bash Hennessey, I had had the pleasure to work with Dave who is a class act and is why I suggest anyone who buys a Hennessey product to deal with him. I am not a guy that asks for help or refunds because something is wrong I just try to make things work. So I just wanted to put up a truthful post, plus some of it might have been my fault as I should have known this was a pre-production model. So the production model will be a overall better system.

I will be calling tomorrow to see if we cannot correct some of the issues I had with mine and make sure the production model will work for anyone that wants one.

So lets get back to some of the questions you guys had.

Quote:
The pictures I saw of this intake did not make me feel it was well built
In all honesty, with all the tinkering we did to get it to fit right, it is very rigid and fits good. If the production model fixes my few shortcomings it is a very well built intake.

Quote:
she feel any faster?
She is really does have a little more pep and seems like a smoother drive as well.

Quote:
did the intake change the sound at all
Yes, it did especially in the cabin. It gave it more of a muscular growl. It is a great match with the GMPP exhaust.

Quote:
$500.00 - It's hard to believe this type of intake cost $500.00
In the end if the production CAI fixes the issue I had I would recommend this CAI at this cost.

I'll keep you guys posted once I get some more miles on it.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote