View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #18
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamBoy1120 View Post
Aight man this is the page i was looking for...
Well i have a lot of Q's hopefully u can answer..

First, On a V6 what should i put in it.. turbocharger, supercharger, etc.. idk which is better (performance wise like in hp)

Second, if i install one do i still need a CAI..?

Third will it take out a Challanger RT with 370 some Hp... (My friend recently got one for christmas and is talking shiz lol)

Ur advice would be highly considered please.. i wanna learn..

Thanks.
So you want to bump the V6's HP rating..... I wouldn't blame you! SC or Turbo ? It is usually a matter of preference. Both mods have their pros and cons. I suggest you do some googling and read it all. My preference as you see is going to be a SC. I want reliability and performance without the worries or whats happening by generating excessive heat, turbos do that. Also, if you shut down a turbo to quicklu, before it cools down it will fry.

A supercharger, although it does rob power from the engine (belt driven from the drive train) it makes up for it. Cleaner....makes it invariably more reliable. A SC is also ready to go pretty much as sson as you step on the gas whereas the turbo has lag. Some people don't like the slight whine you get from a SC. I barely noticed it. A SC looks better too, I want to show it off and a Turbo, IMO, just looks like it doesn't belong!

Nuff said, don't cheap out. But one that has many "good" reviews and after purchase support. The TVS2300 has a 2 yr warranty and for 200 bucks I can get 3 yrs coverage for my engine! Speaks for itself eh!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote