View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
You have the NPP exhaust. You just paid $900 for it so don't even consider taking it off. That leaves you three decision points:

1. Headers- you want long tubes (LT's) because that's where the power is. Everything else like sound, midpipe, cats is secondary. If you buy headers, find yourself a good tuner who will guide you on brands he's had success with. Mine likes ARH- they are American made, high quality, they fit perfectly every time and they make as much power as anybody else. They cost more than some but you get what you pay for.

2. Cats-your OE cats have to go to make room for long tubes. You've got two options, high flow cats (HFCs) or catless. I'd highly recommend the former if you want to maintain any appearance of responsibility.

3. Midpipe-the header makers will want to sell you their exotic 3" X pipes for a few hundred more. They may claim another 5-10 hp. It will no doubt add noise. The hp/$ equation isn't very compelling and you may end up not liking the exhaust note and possible drone.

I would suggest taking one step at a time. Choose a good tuner. Have him install the headers he likes with a dynotune. If for some reason you don't like that, then investigate a midpipe.