View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #119
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
if you can find a way to snag the 50mm f/1.4, do it, the images from this gem really pop and have that 'pro' look. Another lenses to look for, but is hard to find is the 28mm f/1.8..

IMO the nifty fifty f/1.8 is a great auto focusing prime, its manual focus kinda blows due to the design of the lens..

the 50mm f/1.4 is the one for manual focus...

the 28mm is a older lens that sells for around $450 on canons site, the 50mm f/1.4 is around $339... both pieces of glass superior to the nifty fifty, the nifty fifty though is a must own and what a bargain, refurbs were going for $80, bestbuy $119 brand new.....

I still see the above lenses rather cheap, as the 50mm f/1.2 fetches a good $1299.

50mm on your aps-c crop sensor is a somewhat long focal length, the 28mm is a nice wide angle for some of those...'freaky'...shots.
Good advice as always.. I've spied that 50 f/1.4 for a while now. I figure that's my next piece of glass as it's much easier on the wallet than the f/1.2.

I dunno, if I could dedicate the time I'd like to actually shoot then it might be a smarter buy to step up to that 1.2 however. I mean, heck, with all the damn pics I take, it seems to be a better bang for the buck.

Guess I have my eyes peeled for two lenses now....thanks. LOL
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote