View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #76
Vladamire

Drives: 1977 & 2010 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brownstone View Post
I think that back up sensors should be an option. I love them on my diesel
F-250. They are especially helpful when backing up to trailers and the only use i get from them is to judge distance from my trailer hitch to my trailers

It's not that I have a huge cosmetic issue w/ the idea, ( I guess I'll reserve judgement until I can see some pics) I have a problem with paying the extra $300.00 on something I have already ordered and paid a deposit on.

It should be MY OPTION whether or not I want to pay an extra $300.00 for an ADDED safety feature.

I want to say that I applaud GM for listening to our requests but I personally feel that I am responsible enough to drive safely w/o CURB FEELERS and BACK UP SENSORS .

Hey GM, PLease Give Me the option of having a "Back Up Sensor delete" 2SS Camaro

Thanks.
I'm with you I have no problem with GM adding these, my problem is the fact that they have decided to do this now and tell all of us that have already ordered cars that in addition to what we were already quoted for the car we now have to pay an additional 295.00 for something we have no choice to refuse. Its one thing to go in knowing what you’re getting and quite another when they decide to change things mid-stream and pass the price on to the consumer. Why don’t they let this be an option for every one that has one on order now and just say standard after such and such date.
3000, Order accepted by production control Aug 6 TPW Aug 31
3300, Order scheduled for production Aug 21
3400, Order broadcast 26 Aug
3800, Order produced 3 Sep VIN # 43712
4000, Available to Ship 4 Sep
4200, Shipped 8 Sep
5000, Delivered to the dealer 18 Sep,
6000, Delivered to the customer 28 Oct