View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
volvofan

Drives: 1998 Volvo S90 w/ L99 & 6L80E
Which long tube headers fit closest to the block/transmission?

Greetings all, this is my first post to the Camaro5 forums although I've been lurking for about a year.

I have a 2011 Camaro SS with the 6L80E automatic... sort of. Actually, I have the DRIVETRAIN from the aforementioned vehicle, and I've got a guy who's been doing V8 swaps into RWD Volvos for about 30 years installing it into a '98 Volvo S90 sedan... it's my 6th Volvo (I've never owned anything else) and I think it's shaping up to be the funnest one yet!

Currently we're at the stage in the swap when the new drivetrain is installed, all clearances are good, mounts and crossmembers are all set. Next comes the headers... the guy doing the work for me thinks that long tube headers will fit, but clearance will be tightest where the engine meets the bellhousing, as the Volvo's frame rails start to tuck in towards the car's centerline near the firewall.

Rather than start blindly ordering and trial-fitting long tubes a handful at a time, I'd rather consult some subject matter experts. Anyone have any feedback they can share on which LT headers they've tried that seem to snug up close to the block compared to others? I know most folks only get one set and go with it so not many folks may be able to give side-by-side comparisons, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Thanks a ton, and I look forward to being part of the Camaro5 community!

-Jon
volvofan is offline   Reply With Quote