View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #46
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueSS View Post
I've been looking at Stainless Works Headers With 2" Primaries And 3" Catted along with their 3" cat back exhaust for my ls3 which will have a vararam intake by the time i get that set up. Do you think that it would actually detrimental rather than beneficial to get the Stainless Works Headers With 2" Primaries And 3" Catted instead of the Stainless Works Headers With 1-7/8" Primaries And 3" Catted because of the size? Both cost relatively the same.
Consider your long term goals for your car before deciding what you buy because you can handle a lot of HP with a 2.5" exhaust. Also, while it is relatively rare, there could be a clearance issue on the headers so a 1 7/8" vs a 2" buys you an 1/8" of clearance right out the box.

I don't have a header or exhaust size preference either way. I just think knowing where you are heading with your engine will help answer the question more clearly.