View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I know we are joking man...but umm I do have a Chevy LPE Z06 to be exact, that I can race you now with...I mean if you are into gettin whipped up on..I will happily oblige ya!...Hey why'd it get so quiet in here...(before the flaming starts I like talking trash and racing) lol
I beat a C5 Z06 at the track back when my GT was bone stock. I got the holeshot and the guy missed at least one gear maybe 2, he was closing fast on the top and almost caught me at the end of the 1/4. But I prevailed.
I haven't had the chance to race a C6 Z06 yet. If the guy can drive I'm doomed. But pleanty of guys out there lack driving skills. I've never seen a C6 Z06 even break into the 11's (my best is a 11.83 at 121 mph)at our track (2200 ft above sea level) and I've seen 2 smack the wall (1 C5 & 1 C6 not a pretty sight). At the track anything can happen and onften the fastert car on paper is not the victor at the track.
All things being equal though I concede that your Z06 will hand me my ass!!
A buddy of mine has a sweet silver C6 Z06 and wants to hit the track this spring, so that'll be fun. Plus 2 more buds bought SRT-8 Challengers. Gonna be fun once the snow melts. May 4 is first track day!!!