View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #25
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
the top right hand part of the housing i had to bend all the way in so that it would fit into the bay and over the screw. the rubber part along the edge of the lid i had to remove so that it would fit on top of the housing. worst fitting thing i have ever dealt with the little indention part for the grounding cable wasnt even an issue. IM wondering if the guy who sold me this thing sold me a v-6 unit and not a v8 unit.
The box and lid fitment should be identical for the V6 or V8. When we ship the unit out the lid is attached to the CAI box, meaning that our box and lid align with eachother correctly. If you bought your system used there is a chance that something was bent a bit causing the fasteners to not line up properly. Also sometime the edge trim that wraps the engine bay of the vehicle is pushed to far up along the driver side making it to where the lid can not fit properly into the groove on the inner fender well, causing it to not align properly with the airbox.

Nothing should ever need to be modified on our CAI for proper fitment. We sell thousands upon thousands of Camaro CAI's every year and have never had one that will not fit properly when installed correctly. There are some troubleshooting and installation techniques as well as some images that can be supplied from our customer support which always solves the problem. The problem is that before people call us and get the help they need to install it easily and properly, people assume something is wrong with the CAI and start changin it or forcing it which causes things to bend and not align properly.

I am not saying that you did this, but maybe the person before you did. Regardless, our systems will always fit correctly because they are made to the identical spec, so if one didn't fit then none of them would fit. If you want some assistance in getting it installed properly give us a call next week after the Holiday and we can take care of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-SS View Post
I'd like to add 2 things. I have your CAI with a scoop and we relocate and think its great. Top notch quality and easy to install. My other statement concerns your thermal image. I use it for work and something I was and probably others might be surprised to find out is that thermal imaging can't see through objects that are clear like glass or plexi. Makes sense once you think about it, but it reads the surface temp of the plexi/glass. So how are you reading the temp of the inside of the intake with the top on in that pic? Just a question I always wanted to ask when I see that pic. Thanks.
I would have to ask the engineer to be sure, I was not there and the specific picture you are referring to is quite old! I am 99% sure that they had everything closed up and running with the glass on top of the lid rather than the normal bottom placement, opened up the hood, removed the glass, and did the thermal imaging. I will try and verify that for you next week, we are on a limited time schedule this week due to the holiday. Hopefully that helps!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote