View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
SS A6 transmission noise when in M mode

Howdy everyone! Proud new 11 CGM 2SS/RS owner here (picked it up yesterday actually). So I know I'm a noob to the forum, but I did try to search for this before starting a new thread without much luck.

So driving home from the dealer I noticed that when I put the car into M mode to use the Tapshift, driving at about 40 mph or more, and downshift into 3rd I start to get a noise from the center console that sounds like little rocks or sand rattling. As soon as I upshift into 4th it goes away. I am assuming it is coming from the transmission; however, it could be exhaust noise/rattle at that rpm. It definitely seems to be linked to either engine rpm/drivetrain rpm. If I can make an audio clip or vid I will try to post it (if that's possible on here).

When I test drove the car prior to buying it (~15 miles total), I don't remember hearing this noise when in M mode.

The car only has 86 miles on it so I'm trying to figure out if this is normal or not... I don't want the first two drives in my new car to be from the dealer and then back to the dealer for service!
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote