View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #15
PolishMike

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
I have a dumb question. GM has offered a performance exhaust, shorty headers and shifter for this car. Like most we ordered from the factory but due to circumstances beyond our control we had to change because it was not available. SO let me ask, if these mods were available from the factory would the ar have been any differently tuned, also since they are now available from GMPP it seems like it will not void the warranty if I am correct in my assumptions. What do you think
From what the Service manager said at a local dealership when I asked him -

Chevrolet and the dealer network are not required to warranty these items. A specific dealer can offer a warranty on installed parts (exhaust, supercharger, ect) but it does not necessarily carry over. You have to be careful here because they make a ton of money on labor and will do everything possible to sell you this. For example, if you get a supercharger installed at a dealer in Florida (and when you ask em if it voids your warranty they say "no") and you break down in PA, the dealership in PA most likely will not fix your car under warranty because they are not required to.

Note - This is what one service manager at one dealership said. Take it with a grain of salt as I do not know the official Chevy policy on this.
IOM w/ White Stripes 2SS RS M6 #17772
Now - Stainless Works 2" Headers, Intake, Cam, tune, ect
And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti