View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #54
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
If the commentary on the site is any indicator, then I doubt many will see much, if any real track time and will be garage queens and "fair weather" only cars... Never seeing clouds, rain, etc. Sure, they'll drive aggressively here and there -- but, I think many of them won't see acceleration or demand greater than an SS or an LT/LS and this whole tire temp range thing will only truly bother a small few that actually intend to demand what this car can deliver. I know people with Lambos that spend less time in a garage than 5th gen Camaros.
Not to be an A-Hole, but what are the odds of seeing acceleration or demand greater than an SS or and LT / LS in any weather other than "fair" or better?

I plan on enjoying every minute of my ZL1 driving experience. I don't know about you but I don't thoroughly enjoy driving in the rain or snow regardless of the vehicle. IMO there is nothing wrong with driving this car only in good weather if you have the choice. That is when you have the best opportunity to use it to its full potential. I don’t ever recall anyone’s best lap time or ¼ mile being set in anything other than dry conditions.

That’s not to say if it starts raining I’m going to pull over and hide under an overpass but why drive in the rain if I can avoid it?

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote