View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav76457 View Post
I am confused by this statement. My 2012 LS has paddle shifters, and the difference in the 2012 LS and LT gearing is a few hundred rpm's. The gearing difference is not even worth a consideration.

The difference worth noting, other than the obvious fluff difference, is that the 2012 LT has sport mode, and the LS has manual mode. Not sure what the difference is to be honest. If i go manual mode I can redline each gear.

I would say get a 2011 if you plan on doing a lot of mods, or if your are patient, get the 2012 and wait for the mods to become available. There are already a few.
All LTs have sport and manual modes. Sport is still automatic shifting, but the transmission will remain in a lower gear once it senses that you are trying to drive sporty. Manual mode is just that...shifting with the buttons and it will not upshift unless you press the button for it.

Its still hard for me to believe your car has manual mode, but not sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
Ok so your saying that the 2012 will have a lot of performance mods? And I'm willing to wait I was expecting to do a lot of mods right away like within the first year. But if the 2012 WILL have mods I'm gonna get that but someone else said it CAN'T have alot of mods. So I'm confused as f**k
Get the 2012. The only mod it can't have that the 2010 and 2011s can is headers. Other than that, there is development in place for pretty much all the same bolt ons and mods that the LLT has. You are just going to have to wait until they come...just like us LLT owners did. We waited a very very long time to start getting some of the good stuff we have available today.

Not to mention that there are some mods that are offered for the LLT, that the LFX probably does not need because the design is already present on the LFX....such as a better performing intake manifold.

As of now, as an LFX owner, you can: Get an intake, get exhaust, get a tune, ported throttle body (almost available), I believe SOLO will offer high flow cats, and I hear MACE may have an intake spacer in the words for the LFX. An LLT owner would need headers and an intake insulator on top of all that to be about equal (give or take some HP/TQ)