Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Prius driver rams Chevy truck driver...

http://www.gazette.com/articles/poli...kup_prius.html

Quote:
The driver of a fuel-efficient Toyota Prius repeatedly rammed a pickup during a road-rage attack in Colorado Springs and then shoved the truck's 61-year-old driver when the men pulled over, police said.

Daniel Cox, 30, was jailed on suspicion of felony assault. The charge was upgraded to a felony because people over 60 are considered "at-risk adults" under Colorado law. There were no serious injuries.

Road-rage incidents often lead to tailgating, angry gestures and unanswered challenges, police said. It's rarer for them to end in physical fights - and rarer still that officers are summoned.

"It probably happens a lot more than it's reported," said Sgt. Rick Cirka. He said officers in his district investigate reports of similar attacks "about once every six months."

Officers responded to the attack about 11:45 a.m. Friday. Police said Cox grew aggressive when the men nearly collided while exiting northbound Interstate 25 at the South Circle Drive exit.

The victim, a man who wasn't identified, told police that Cox followed him and intentionally sideswiped his Chevrolet pickup three times before both drivers stopped at Lake Avenue and Venetucci Boulevard, police said.

When the men got out, Cox pushed the victim several times into the doorjamb of his truck, police said. The man complained of back pain. The Prius sustained more damage than the pickup, Cirka said.

"I think the only damage was where the pickup's wheel ran up against the Prius," he said.
All I have to say is that this idiot's lucky he never ran into my dad...that prius wouldn't be the only thing beat up.