Thread: better mileage
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #14
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I realize they are big but they are far from restrictive. Find that pic and trace it out. It's a straight through design with a helmholtz tube in the big suitcase. Why do you think there is little to nothing to be gained, in terms of HP, from a aftermarket exhaust. Catbacks/axlebacks are for sound, headers are for power.
I can't find that picture but from what I remember theres the 2 mid pipes after the catalytic conv that go into the resonator and in the resonator it's just like another muffler and on the other end there's the 2 other pipes that lead out to the mufflers .. all that exhaust has to build up more to be pushed out of the resonator than through an xpipe. which is why the stock exaust is so quiet. with the xpipe it just goes straight through.

maybe I'm wrong but I still think my catback allows for better flow..
unless my car magically decided to get better milage, coincidentally at the same time I installed the exhaust

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote