View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Talking **New** journal for Camaro #2! 2SSRSm6 2014 Spring Edition [COTW 5/26/14]

I haz order #!!! Soooo jazzed!

Hubby placed the order; it's "our" 40th wedding anniversary present to each other, except we KNOW who will be driving this baby the most! That's right! Mama will!!!
I can hardly wait for Camaro #2...2SSRS LS3 Special Spring Edition.

A little about my Chevy roots. [Copied from my first journal here on C5; Shhhhh.....I'm having a Love Affair....with a Camaro.]

Quote:
I've always wanted a Camaro....always!!!
I was there when the Camaro first came on the scene in 1967. I wasn't quiet old enough to drive, but I knew I wanted a Camaro. My dad was the new car sales manager at the small Chevrolet dealership in my hometown, so for his "demo" that year, he chose a Camaro RS; Leman's Blue with the houndstooth interior. Man -O- man did that car draw the attention! It sold pretty fast, in just a few weeks actually, so once again daddy had to choose a new demo car. Much to my chagrin, he opted for the 1967 Impala 2 door coupe. Now that one made my mom happy! LOL. Anyway, in the fall of 1970 I got my drivers license, and could hardly wait to see "what I'd get"! Daddy had chosen a knock-out 1970 red Monte Carlo with black interior. That was what my ride to school every morning was in, so of course I thought, maybe, just maybe that might be mine. But, no. My parents decided my "reward" for HS graduation would be a new car, so until that time came,(still 2 years away), I was 'given' my mom's old tank of a car...a 1964 Pontiac Catalina 4 door sedan. What?! I'm banished to driving the tank, when that gorgeous Monte Carlo is in the driveway? Yes.
1972, graduation, at last! I had dropped sooooooo many hints to daddy about the 'new' '73 Camaro coming out. I was quite smitten with the dark green metallic with the dark green seats. Yes, that was the color for me.
About a week before I was to leave for college, it was show day for the new 1973 models. My mom and I always helped with the open house event....manning the tables of punch and cookies and handing out brochures on the new cars. After the day ended and it was closing time, my dad asked me to come with him to the back lot and 'help' him shuffle some cars around. When he opened the gate, standing front and center was a shiny new red Nova SS with hounds tooth interior. Hmmm. That's a nice little car, but my eye went immediately to the Camaro on the second row. It wasn't my dream green, but black would do. Daddy handed me the keys and said "Happy Graduation, AND Happy Birthday!...this one is yours!" he said pointing to that little red Nova SS. I was speechless. I was dumbfounded. I was over the moon with excitement. I jumped for joy and squealed like a 4 year old! I got my 'instructions' from daddy on what to do and not do, and off I went. I was a little disappointed to tell the truth, but I knew the financial pressures my parents were feeling with my upcoming tuition, and this Nova was a looker, so, I put the Camaro out of my mind, and thought "someday" I'd get daddy to order a Camaro for me...just like I want...when I'm out of college and have a job.
That day never came. My dad passed away less than 2 years after giving me the Nova SS. I lost interest in cars for awhile, then marriage and a kiddo mandated "sensible" vehicles...you know for road trips and hauling band kids and instruments, and girl scout cookies, along with 6 other little girl scouts, and all the stuff a mom hauls. LOL.

But, here I am, 45 years later, finally getting my first Camaro, a 2012 2LT RS. It's a tad bittersweet, I guess. I always thought my hubby and I would be ordering all our new cars from daddy until he retired. The little dealership has been long gone in my home town, but every time I visit friends and relatives there, when I pass by, I remember that day on the back lot, like it was only yesterday, and of course it makes me smile.
Attached Images

Last edited by Camaro_krazee; 08-07-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Camaro_krazee is offline   Reply With Quote